Are you ready to sell your home? Ready to get potential buyers in the door? Open houses can be important part of getting exposure on the market and finding that perfect buyer. I’ve put together a quick seller’s guide for open houses to help you prepare to show your home. Let’s make every buyer fall in love with it!
Preparing for the Open House
Get a REALTOR®
- Getting a REALTOR® means less work for you both in preparation for and during the big day. Make your life a little easier by bringing one on board!
- Create more exposure. With my extensive reach to the community (through my website, social media accounts, industry contacts, etc.) I will advertise your home and the open house and bring in as many buyers as possible!
- A REALTOR’s® industry knowledge is irreplaceable. We know how the market works and how to appease buyers. I will help you find the right buyer and sell your home A.S.A.P.
Cleaning and Decluttering
- Thoroughly clean your home. Get into every nook and cranny and make sure there’s no dust, dirt or grime. Make it spotless. Potential buyers are sure to notice unclean surfaces or areas of your home. It’s a major turnoff.
- Declutter. (Click here to read my article on best tips for decluttering.) Get rid of things you don’t need. Buyer’s want to see a home with lots of storage space and room to grow. If they feel that your home is cluttered, they’re not likely to be interested.
- Depersonalize your home a little bit. If you have dozens of family photos or religious decorations hanging around your house, buyers may have a difficult time picturing themselves living in your home. Keep your house as neutral as possible.
- Start packing. This can help get rid of some clutter. Pack up things you don’t need for the next few weeks (i.e. Christmas decorations, family photos, winter coats, etc).
- Once you’ve decluttered, stage your home in a way that makes the area look open and inviting. I can also help you rearrange furniture in a way that will appease buyers. We’ll get your home looking spotless and gorgeous!
Check out these amazing Chandler homes for sale with pools!
Day of the Open House
- Adding fresh flowers to the coffee table or the kitchen counter can make the home feel colorful and lively.
- Baking some cookies before the open house is always a great option. Not only will your home smell heavenly, but having a plate of warm cookies on the counter for potential buyers can’t hurt. In fact, it will help give them a “good taste in their mouth” when they think of your home. Make a great impression.
- Once it’s time for the open house, take the kids and pets and leave. Not everyone loves animals. Having Spot or Fluffy there may turn off a potential buyer, especially if they’re allergic.
- You want to buyers to be able to look at and enjoy your home without any pressure (from you) or comments and opinions (again, from you). They want to be able to create their own opinions and decide what they like and don’t like. If you’re hanging around the open house, they may not be able to make these opinions honestly or enjoy the home.
- Don’t worry, I’ll handle it. I’ll make sure that the buyers are informed on everything and see all the amazing parts of your home!
Ready to sell your home?! Give me a call and we’ll get it sold in no time!